06-22-2011, 08:20 AM
Join Date: Jul 2009
POEA Guidelines for the Registration of OFWs on Vacation
GUIDELINES ON THE REGISTRATION OF WORKERS-ON-LEAVE Pursuant to Section 5, Rule III of the 2002 POEA Rules and Regulations Governing the Recruitment and Employment of Landbased Overseas Worker-on-Leave, the following guidelines are hereby issued:
1. DEFINITION OF TERMS
A Worker-on-Leave shall refer to an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW) who is on vacation or on leave and is returning to the same employer. (Part I, Rule II, POEA Rules)
2. DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENT
A Worker-on-Leave shall submit the following documents to the Administration or to its designated centers or units in the country or overseas for registration and for issuance of exit clearance:
3. REGISTRATION FEE
The following are the fees that a Worker-on-Leave shall pay to register and secure an e-Receipt / Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) and/or OFW Electron ID card (e-Card):
Php 100.00 - POEA Processing Fee
- Valid Passport
- Re-entry visa, work permit, or any equivalent document
- Proof that worker is returning to the same employer
Php 900.00 - Medicare Coverage Premium
Php US$ 25.00 or peso equivalent - OWWA Membership Contribution
A Worker-on-Leave with valid OWWA membership and Medicare coverage shall only pay Php 100.00 for POEA processing fee.
The e-Card is issued to a Worker-on-Leave for free.
The e-Receipt / OED shall serve as travel exit clearance and exemptions from payment of travel tax and airport terminal fee.
4. WHERE TO REGISTER AND SECURE e-RECEIPT / OVERSEAS EMPLOYMENT CERTIFICATE (OEC) AND/OR OFW ELECTRON ID CARD (e-CARD).
A Worker-on-Leave may register individually or through the recruitment agency that previously deployed them;
A Worker-on-Leave may secure the e-Receipt /OEC or e-Card at:
* POEA Regional Centers / Regional Extension Units (REUs) and Satellite Offices:
- Balik-Manggagawa Processing Division(BMPD) Service Area, POEA Bldg., Ortigas Avenue corner EDSA, Mandaluyong City
- POEA Regional Centers / Regional Extension Units (REUs) and Satellite Offices
- POEA-deputized OWWA Regional Offices and Units **
- Philippine Overseas Labor Offices (POLOs) in various Philippine Embassies and Consulates abroad.
- Exit Clearance Delivery System (Dropbox)
3rd Floor, South Paseo Yabes Building, Rizal Ave.
- POEA Regional Center for Luzon
San Fernando City La Union
Benitez Court Compound, Magsaysay Ave., Baguio City
- POEA Regional Ext. Unit – CAR
Balikbayan Mall. Clarkfield, Angeles City
- POEA Satellite Office- Region III
• POEA Satellite Office
- Region IV 3B Hectan Commercial Center National Highway, Brgy. Halang Calamba, Laguna
OWWA RU 5, ANST Bldg., Washington Drive, Legaspi City
- POEA Satellite Office- Region V
Gemini Bldg., 719 M.J. Cuenco Ave., Cebu City
- POEA Regional Center for Visayas
S.C. Divinagracia Bldg.,Quezon St., Iloilo City UTC Bldg., Araneta-Alunan St.,Singcang, Bacolod City DOLE Compound, Trece Martirez, Tacloban City
- POEA Regional Ext. Unit – Region VI
AMYA Bldg., Quimpo Blvd. cor. Tulip Drive, Ecoland, Davao City
- POEA Regional Center for Mindanao
Acersyant Bldg., Causwagan Road, Cagayan de Oro City
- POEA Regional Ext. Unit – Region X
3rd floor, TAUP Building Nunez Extension, Zamboanga City ** POEA-Deputized OWWA Regional Offices and Units:
- POEA Regional Ext. Unit – Region IX
- OFW Balikbayan Assistance Center
Duty Free Fiesta Mall, Sucat , Parañaque City
- OWWA Tugegarao
Sycanco Bldg., Bonifacio Street, Tugegarao, Cagayan
PERSONS NOT QUALIFIED TO REGISTER AS WORKERS – ON – LEAVE:
- OWWA Regional Unit – Caraga
44 J.C Quirino Avenue, 8600 Butuan City
- Department of Labor and Employment Region XII, AYS Building
171 Sinsuat Ave., Cotabato City
REQUIREMENTS FOR REDUCED TRAVEL TAX FOR DEPENDENTS OF OFWs:
- Dependents of Overseas Filipino Workers (They can avail of the privilege of reduced travel tax by applying at the Philippine Tourism Authority)
- Persons who are traveling on student visa.
- Persons who are traveling on business visa
- Permanent Residents of foreign countries.(They can avail of the privilege of travel tax exemption by applying at the
- Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) who changed employers are considered New Hires.
To be submitted at:
PHILIPPINE TOURISM AUTHORITY (PTA), Revenue Department, Travel Tax Division, DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM G/F 117, DOT Bldg.,T.M. Kalaw, Manila NOTE: Dependents are entitled to reduced tax privilege only if proceeding to OFW’s jobsite. Unmarried dependent children are only entitled to the privilege until the 21st birthday.
R E M I N D E R S
- PLANE TICKET
- MARRIAGE CONTRACT
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE
- LATEST e-RECEIPT / OEC & INFORMATION SHEET OF THE OFW
THINGS TO BRING TO THE AIRPORT UPON DEPARTURE:
2. e-RECEIPT or OEC
e-RECEIPT AND OEC ARE VALID ONLY FOR SIXTY (60) DAYS FROM THE DATE OF ISSUANCE.
PRESENT e-RECEIPT OR OEC (AIRPORT COPY) AT THE AIRPORT TERMINAL FEE COUNTER TO AVAIL OF EXEMPTION FROM PAYMENT OF TERMINAL FEE.
Guidelines for the Registration of OFWs on Vacation