Go Back   Overseas Filipino Worker Forum > Working or Living Abroad > Planning to Go Abroad, Visa & Immigration
Member Log In
Non-Member Registration
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Photo Gallery Arcade Games Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tourist Visa Exemptions or Visa on Arrival for Filipino Passport Holders

Planning to Go Abroad, Visa & Immigration Thread, Tourist Visa Exemptions or Visa on Arrival for Filipino Passport Holders in Working or Living Abroad; Last Updated April 13 2010 - A list of countries and regions that do not require an entry visa or ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2010, 02:05 AM

Forum Photo Gallery: 252
Comments: 8
Default Tourist Visa Exemptions or Visa on Arrival for Filipino Passport Holders

Last Updated April 13 2010 - A list of countries and regions that do not require an entry visa or allow visa on arrival if you are a Filipino citizen traveling with a Filipino passport.

The period of stay allowed, and the travel purpose allowed vary from country to country. Like Hong Kong will give you a 14 days of stay while Vietnam will allow you 30 days of stay. The visa regulation of each country could change anytime, so it is vital to verify with the embassies or consulate generals of these countries before traveling. Visit MabuhayCity.com OFW Resources Overseas Filipino Worker Resources - Embassies and Consulates for the list of contact details of foreign embassies and consulate generals in the Philippines.

In realty, you can't just pack and go. Philippine immigration and the destination country immigration may check the purpose of your travel and you may be asked to show your money at the port of entry. Again, the visa regulation of each country could change anytime, so it is vital to verify with the embassies or consulate generals of these countries before traveling.

Asia
Brunei
Cambodia
China(Mainland) (Visa on Arrival for Shenzhen area only)
East Timor (Visa on Arrival)
Hong Kong (China)
Indonesia
Iran (Visa on Arrival)
Israel
Korea(After visiting Korea 4 times with visa)
Laos(Visa on Arrival)
Macau (China)
Malaysia
Maldives(Visa on Arrival and/or other requirements)
Myanmar(Visa on Arrival)
Mongolia
Nepal
Pakistan (Visa on Arrival at Sost only at Pakistani-Chinese border)
Singapore
Sri Lanka
Taiwan (Republic of China) (With special requirement)
Thailand
Vietnam

Pacific Islands/Australasia
Fiji
Marshall Islands(Visa on Arrival)
Niue
Northern Mariana Islands(Visa on Arrival)
Palau
Samoa
Tokelau
Tonga
Vanuatu

Africa
Morocco
Saint Helena
Sao Tome and Principe(Visa on Arrival)
Seychelles
Tanzania(Visa on Arrival)
Zambia(Visa on Arrival)

Caribbean
Bermuda
Anguilla
Haiti

North America(May need transit visa to other countries)

Costa Rica
Guatemala
Nicaragua

South America(May need transit visa to other countries)
Bolivia
Brazil
Colombia
Ecuador
Peru
Suriname

Visa on Arrival - Will grant visa on arrival for a fee and other requirements such as proof of funds, etc.

Above information has been validated against the latest information on Visa and embassy information for all countries - Projectvisa.com where visa requirement on all countries and regions are listed.

Please let me know if I missed any country or some of the requirements have been changed!
Alt Today
MabuhayCity
OFW Community

Registered Members: 61,303
Forum Photo Gallery: 3,193
Comments: 1,013

Old 04-14-2010, 02:11 AM

Forum Photo Gallery: 621
Comments: 21
Recipes: 1
Default Re: Tourist Visa Exemptions or Visa on Arrival for Filipino Passport Holders

Awesome. Thanks Peter!

Keep it up!
Old 04-14-2010, 02:49 AM

Default Taiwan exempts RP from visa requirements

Taiwan exempts RP from visa requirements
(philstar.com) Updated March 22, 2009 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines - Taiwan has added the Philippines to its list of countries eligible for visa exemption.

Effective March 1, 2009, Philippine passport holders are exempted from visa requirements and can stay in Taiwan for 30 days, provided that they have never worked in Taiwan as blue-collar workers.

Aside from the Philippines, the visa exemption also applies to passport holders of India, Thailand, Vietnam and Indonesia who also possess a valid visa or permanent residence certificate issued by the US, Canada, Japan, U.K., Schengen Convention countries, Australia or New Zealand.

Citizens of the eligible countries who have never been employed in Taiwan as blue-collar workers have to first register their documents and personal data with the “Advance Online Registration System for the Visitors of Nationals from Five Southeast Asian Countries to Taiwan” at https://nas.immigration.gov.tw/nase/

A confirmation sheet should be printed to validate the travelers’ status for online boarding and immigration check. Travelers who fail to produce the confirmation or a valid visa or permanent residence certificate issued by eligible countries will not be admitted into Taiwan. – Pia Lee Brago
Old 04-14-2010, 04:06 AM

Default Special visa scenarios that apply to Filipinos

Some of the special scenarios:

1. Visit Pakistan, if you are a visitor coming across border from China to Sost, you can obtain a visa on arrival -

Trekking permit in Gilgit for travelers coming via China. (February 12, 2008)

Trekking permits to trekking parties coming from China via Sost border can be obtained from office of Chief Secretary in Gilgit Northern Areas Pakistan, according to a notification from the Ministry of Tourism Pakistan.

2. If you visit Shenzhen, mainland China arriving in Shenzhen from Hong Kong, you can obtain a visa on arrival, good for 7 days in Shenzhen area only
Old 04-14-2010, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Tourist Visa Exemptions or Visa on Arrival for Filipino Passport Holders

For some reason, Filipinos get special favorable treatments by some countries when it comes to entry visa. I am trying to collect the related information. Here's what's been found so far:

1. Cambodia - Laos, Malaysia, Philippines and Singapore citizens do not need a visa to enter the country. The rest do.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:38 PM

Forum Photo Gallery: 0
Comments: 0

Hello Sir,

I just wanna ask if what are the requirements going to vacation in Pakistan since I am currently working in Saudi Arabia and I am wishing to visit my Muslim Brother in Pakistan for only 15 days and afterwards, to go ahead to Philippines to consume my remaining vacations and after to return back to Saudi Arabia. I will use my vacation given by our company of at least 1 month.

From KSA to Pakistan (15 days vacation) after going to Philippines (15 days remaning vacation) and then back to KSA or Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Any answer for this, I want to visit my friend who is inviting me also for a very short period of time.

Thank you in anticipation of your immediate response.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:41 AM

You would need to get a Pakistani visa from the Pakistani Embassy or Consulate General in Saudi Arabia. Also you need to make sure your current Saudi visa would allow you to re-enter Saudi.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:53 PM

Sir,

Ask ko lang since my vacation is only 15 days do I need to apply for tourist visa. They dont have after arrival in airport to issue visit visa.

Favor lang, my contact information po ba kau sa Pakistan Embassy in KSA.

Thank you.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:39 PM

Please inform us about Sudan Africa visit visa? Im an engineer planning to have a visit visa because this is the fastest way of getting into Sudan.My friends have their visit visa in this country and when they got the job their employer changed it with working visa while they are still in Sudan. What is the new rules now in Sudan about the visit visa?
Old 07-13-2011, 09:16 PM

Hi,
Thanks for sharing this useful advice about visa and immigration,it will help me a lot because i am a traveller and i go abroad 4-5 times in a year.thanks once again.

usa visa application
OFW Community