Go Back   Overseas Filipino Worker Forum > Mabuhay City General Forums > Questions and Suggestions
Member Log In
Non-Member Registration
FAQ Members List Calendar Forum Photo Gallery Arcade Games Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

language used in mabuhaycity.

Questions and Suggestions Thread, language used in mabuhaycity. in Mabuhay City General Forums; hi everybody. just want to tell you that you have many non filipino friends who don't understand tagalog. what if ...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 04:03 PM

Forum Photo Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Exclamation language used in mabuhaycity.

hi everybody.
just want to tell you that you have many non filipino friends who don't understand
tagalog.
what if you think to use english to give you friends the chance to be with you unless
we are not welcome in mabuhaycity.
with love always.
Alt Today
MabuhayCity
OFW Community

Registered Members: 61,303
Forum Photo Gallery: 3,193
Comments: 1,013

Old 09-20-2008, 04:46 PM

Forum Photo Gallery: 4
Comments: 9

Good reminder to all of us.

Welcome to Mabuhay City.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aghlabi View Post
hi everybody.
just want to tell you that you have many non filipino friends who don't understand
tagalog.
what if you think to use english to give you friends the chance to be with you unless
with love always.

hello again brother Aghlabi... please don't misconstrue the use of filipino language in some threads as a non-welcome gesture... you guys are very much welcome and i'm sure the owners of this site are thankful that you could join.

if you would browse a little more, there are numerous threads of discussion that are discussed in english... or if you wish you could start your own thread of any topic you wish...

here are some threads, topics of which are posted in english, and i hope you could share your views there; some are serious and some are just for fun:

Men... Why Do You Feel The Need To Cheat, When It Causes So Much Pain?

http://mabuhaycity.com/forums/pinoy-...-forum-25.html

or post a new thread here for serious discussions:

Overseas Filipino Worker Social Networking and Forum Community, Live Radios Working or Living Abroad - OFW Forum

Overseas Filipino Worker Social Networking and Forum Community, Live Radios News, Politics, Business and Investment - OFW Forum

thanks brother aghlabi... was glad to know of your concern... will see you around the forums!
Old 09-25-2008, 04:26 AM

Default have a great time!

Quote:
hi everybody.
tagalog.
with love always.

hello aglahbi,

i suppose, we are free to speak the language, our language, wherein we feel free to express ourselves in our own way. afterall, mabuhay city is a homepage designed for filipinos, especially for those who are overseas, giving them a feeling "home away from home".

suggesting us to speak in a universal language for the advantage of others, who dont understand our language like you, do not impress me at all. Who cares!

but, if you request us to communicate in english language, then I may consider that!
you know, the tone makes the music!

and if you want to join the us, bring out your subject, and the ball rolls!

feel free and have a great time!
Old 10-24-2008, 11:53 AM

Comments: 1
Smile Hi Bro. Aghlavi

Ok naman siguro na taglish tayo. The site is primarily to serve Filipinos around the world so its important also for us not to lose our identity by speaking our native dialect-Pilipino. At saka meron naman tayong kalayaan na gumamit of any language of our choice. Wht's important I think is we can understand each other and convey our messages in the forum. Sorry I mispelled ko ata ang name mo di ko na ma edit" paano Ba?

Last edited by ssjmarquez : 10-24-2008 at 11:54 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
Old 10-27-2008, 12:12 AM

Forum Photo Gallery: 1
Comments: 3
Smile Amen to these...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggie View Post
hello aglahbi,

i suppose, we are free to speak the language, our language, wherein we feel free to express ourselves in our own way. afterall, mabuhay city is a homepage designed for filipinos, especially for those who are overseas, giving them a feeling "home away from home".

suggesting us to speak in a universal language for the advantage of others, who dont understand our language like you, do not impress me at all. Who cares!

but, if you request us to communicate in english language, then I may consider that!
you know, the tone makes the music!

and if you want to join the us, bring out your subject, and the ball rolls!

feel free and have a great time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjmarquez View Post
Ok naman siguro na taglish tayo. The site is primarily to serve Filipinos around the world so its important also for us not to lose our identity by speaking our native dialect-Pilipino. At saka meron naman tayong kalayaan na gumamit of any language of our choice. Wht's important I think is we can understand each other and convey our messages in the forum. Sorry I mispelled ko ata ang name mo di ko na ma edit" paano Ba?
Aggie & ssjmarquez

Amen to these... Yup! We have the freedom!

Depende lang ni Mr. Aglahbi if he wants English language? Or any language as maybe?

But he should respect to us also? Give and take nalang ika-nga...
Old 10-29-2008, 04:37 AM

Forum Photo Gallery: 12

Quote:
hi everybody.
tagalog.
with love always.
Hi Aghlabi! I understand your point sir, but as what some of my friends here have stated, this site is primarily for Overseas Filipino Workers all over the world. And not all Filipinos are comfortable using English in expressing their opinions or some are not very good in English, and that's the main reason why some threads are in Tagalog.

You are very much welcome here. There are actually quite many threads in English, feel free to join. God bless!
Old 11-05-2008, 09:28 PM

hello guys,
maybe not only english and tagalog , pls give chance to the bisaya coz i know that there also from the visayas and the mindanao.
especially to those who stayed long abraod.

I think we have the freedom to speak what language we want as long we did not hurt the feelings of other people.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:20 AM

Smile hello every one

we filipinos are really a linguistic..not only english every.. language ...we learn from where country we are at but tagalog is really the number one and best language we speak thats bcoz were filipinos.we hv the right to speak whatever we wanna speak coz this site is mostly filipinos and its much better to understand even not looking in the dictionary hehehe,kc native tounge natin 2 eh pero but mr?you are welcome to learn our language too if you wish....
OFW Community